Causes of Sore Throat: Sore throat is a common problem with us all mostly caused by the viral infections. With fever, cold and flu the sore throat comes uninvited. Dry air, pollutant air, and allergy also cause the inflammation of the pharynx and thus resulting sore throat.
Symptoms: Irritation, itching, pain are the basic symptoms of the sore throat causing an uncomfortable and unpleasant condition especially at night making you wake up at midnight with dry and painful cough. These symptoms can e accompanied with headache, fever and swollen glands in severe cases.
What to do to get rid of the sore throat?
You don’t need to visit your doctor if you are not suffering with the fever, cold and flu along with the sore throat. With cheap and easily found ingredients in your kitchen cabinet you can cure the sore throat yourself. Some effective herbs can also soothe the sore throat relieving you naturally.
Here in the following we have shared the home remedies with detail of benefits and methods.
Gargling with salt water thrice a day can really reduce the sore throat problem and this tip has been used for a long time by the grand mothers and mothers and no doubt it’s really effective. Salt water has healing effect on the mucus membrane by drying the mucus and cutting the phlegm with its antiseptic properties.
- Add half table spoon salt in the warm water and gargle with it three to four times a day for best results. A few types of gargling waters and teas are the prior solutions of sore throat in the list.
Honey Lemon Water:
Honey lemon water is a natural drink for the cure of so many health issues so it has soothing effects on the sore throat as the lemon has anti bacterial and honey has anti inflammatory compounds. The honey lemon water drink is really quick and easy y make at home with the following instructions.
- First of all get a glass of warm water but not boiled.
- Add a tea spoon of honey to the warm water.
- Half tea spoon of the lemon juice would also go in the warm water and the drink is ready.
As we discussed earlier the salt water recipe for the cure of sore throat you can make it more effective and fast relieving with addition of soda in it. The recipe is the same just add soda with the salt. It would kill the existing bacteria and prevent their further growth.
Gargling water with Licorice Roots:
Nature has empowered many things with wonderful curing properties and these natural things have been long discovered before medicine. Licorice roots are one of the ancient things used to treat the sore throat. Using it water you can make gargling water and using it twice or thrice can really heal the sore throat problem.
After the water gargling now we would like to offer you some tea remedies to get the sore throat reduced.
Ginger being enriched in vitamin C, magnesium and minerals to medicate the sore throat, itching and the cough. It’s not so pleasant to take the ginger directly so you can make the most out of its by using it in the tea form.
- Get a kettle with water in it.
- Slice the ginger into small 5 to 6 pieces.
- Add the ginger pieces to water and let it boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- To make it taste better and work better you can add honey and lime juice to it.
Marshmallow Root Tea:
Like the ginger tea is helpful to relieve the itching and cough accompanied with sore throat, the Marshmallow root tea would work as the pain killer.
- Take a few dry roots of the marshmallow and add them in water to boil for ten minutes.
- Use this tea twice or three times a day to coat your throat for sheer comfort.
Peppermint has a lot of healing components in it. It is anti bacterial, antioxidant, and anti inflammatory at the same time so it can really boost up the sore throat cure. Its scented aroma and menthol possession would award a cool soothing effect to your sore throat.
Here is how you can make it.
- Take a few (7, 8) leaves of the peppermint and crush them with fingers.
- Take some water in the kettle and make it boil.
- Turn the heat off when it is boiled and pour it into a mug to cool down a little.
- Add the mint leaves and let them steep for 7 to 8 minutes and then strain it to drink warm.
- To make more effective and tasty you can add honey and lime.
Chamomile is one of the oldest herbs used to medicate the sore throat other related problems to it. There are two ways to use the chamomile that has a treasure of anti bacterial and anti inflammatory powers.
- Firstly you can inhale the steam of the chamomile to reduce the sore throat and other symbols attached to it especially the cough and cold.
- The other way to use it in the form of tea with the same healing effects with added benefits of stronger immunity helping you to fight against the cough, cold and sore throat disease.
If the sore throat is not getting healed by these natural remedies you must consult to your doctor so that it does not get severe and turn into more painful condition called strep throat.