Ginger is one of the oldest and most used spices in the Asian cuisines along with a lot of medical or health benefits of ginger. Ginger is a flowering plant with alternative names ginger root or simply ginger and its rhizomes are used as the spice and medicine. The ginger root comes with plenty of healthy nutrients to promote the health of your body and brain. There are various diseases that you can treat with the ginger taking it raw, in powered form on using its extract.
What Does Ginger Contains?
Ginger is rich in gingerol , a substance high in anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti bacterial properties. This is the reason ginger is used as herbal medicine in Ayurveda for a lot of health issues especially for cold, cough and flu. Having pungent smell and sharp spicy taste fresh ginger can treat a lot your health problems quickly.
Benefits of Ginger:
Ginger has as much fast effects and results to cure nausea as a prescribed medicine. No matter what is the reason behind your feeling of nausea and vomiting you can quickly get yourself relived with the ginger? Especially the pregnancy nausea also known as morning sickness can be effectively controlled with ginger.
Ginger can be really soothing for the patients of arthritis as studies show that the use of ginger helps to reduce the joint pain as it got anti inflammatory qualities.
Cholesterol is one of the biggest threats to the safety of our heart. So if you want to lower the risks of heart diseases you are recommended to maintain your cholesterol level. And with the regular use of ginger you can reduce your LDL level and increase the HDL cholesterol easily.
Indigestion is the most discomfort condition and when it is severe you will feel pain in the upper part of your stomach. The reason behind it is the food that stays long in the stomach. And wonderfully ginger has can speed up the procedure of emptying the stomach if you take a small quantity of it before your meals.
Cancer and Chemo Therapy:
Thanks to the gingerol in the ginger as it can prevent various types of cancer like breast, ovarian and pancreatic cancer. Using raw ginger would lower the risks of cancer and thus saving you from this horrible disease naturally. And if you are undergoing chemo therapy then use of ginger can be really beneficial for you. It would not only control the nausea and vomiting post your chemo therapy but also increase your appetite.
The bio-active compounds of the ginger can load our brain with a lot of advantages like healthy brain function, fast memory and also inhibiting the decline of brain function in the aging years. And all these benefits have been approved by the experiments on the animals. Taking ginger extract is the best way to improve the functional role of your brain.
If you are taking medicines and pain killers to get rid of the severe menstrual pain then stop taking them immediately. You can replace those medications with ginger powder for the fast and natural pain relieving experience. This significant role of the ginger is proven from the tradition and history of herbs.
How to Take Ginger?
Ginger is available in raw, powered and extract forms so you can take it according to the suitable conditions of your health. Chewing raw ginger has been suggested mostly to enjoy multiple benefits quickly. The amount of raw ginger depends on the reason you are eating it for. Chew a quarter piece for nausea, one ounce for bursitis but never exceed above four grams if you are an adult.
- The pregnant women should consult their doctors before taking ginger for the nausea, because the doubts have been raised about the large quantity of the ginger leading to miscarriage.
- If you experience some allergic effects with ginger like swelling in mouth or face, itching, difficulty in breathing then stop taking it. Or use alternatives like ginger tea or powder with the suggestion of your doctor or herbalist.
- Never take excess amount of the ginger than recommended as it can cause diarrhea, belching, heart burn and irritation in mouth. You can turn to ginger tea or ginger powder in your food to enjoy the benefits of ginger.
- You are also prohibited to take ginger when you are facing bleeding disorder as ginger can severe the condition. So do consult your physician before you include raw ginger in your diet.
More Home Remedies:
- 8 Easy, Quick and Natural Sore Throat Remedies
- Banana Tea for Deep Sleep – Better than Sleeping Pills