When choosing a sofa, it is important to understand how you will use it. It should be fitting for your lifestyle, your interior, your concept of comfort, and, of course, your finances. “Is buying a sofa really such an important process?” Indeed, the right choice of this piece of furniture is the key to its long service and your good mood. Look at this example. If the sofa is used as a couch, and you like to lie down in the evening in front of the TV, a soft, shapeless sofa with many pillows will suit you. If you’re sitting on a sofa with a straight back, the sofa needs a hard one, with thick vertical cushions and possibly wooden armrests. New York Furniture Outlets is providing a wide choice of the different sofa types and you surely will find the right one for you.
The question of technicality
Pay attention to the transformation mechanism and fittings The transformation mechanism is another sign by which you need to choose a sofa. Consider how you plan to use this piece of furniture. For example, a daybed, which quickly unfolds and folds, is most suitable for sleeping and relaxing. If you are looking for the most reliable sofa, choose the corner model, since the mechanism is used to a minimum, and therefore the frame of the product will remain intact for a long time.
Recently, many buyers are choosing transforming sofas with a rollout transformation mechanism. This model is perfect for small spaces. By the way, these sofas are considered one of the cheapest. As for the fittings, such as small and seemingly important details as buttons, nails, supports, springs, plugs also affect the quality of the sofa. Therefore, when choosing it, pay attention not only to the appearance of the product. But also to the fittings it should be metal and in no case plastic.
The question of comfort
Foam vs spring: what will you choose? The overwhelming majority of buyers prefer foam sofas. This is due to the fact that this filler has the following advantages: convenient and hypoallergenic. At the same time, foam sofas have two significant drawbacks such products are considered the most impractical and shortlived. The thing is that the foam rubber quickly squeezes and sags. But for many people, this is not a problem, because the low cost allows you to choose another sofa to replace the old one.
Spring mattress is a quite popular option due to the following advantages: durability of over 25 years and good orthopedic properties. Many people point out only two drawbacks of a spring sofa a slight discomfort during operation and the noise emitted by the springs. Indeed, spring sofas are stiffer but very easy to get used to. In addition, doctors have long been talking about the need to sleep on a hard surface. The terms of noise, modern sofas are produced in an independent unit. In which each spring is placed in a soft bag.
As a result, this sofa does not creak. In addition, sofas with combined mattresses, which consist of a spring block and a foam layer, are quite popular today. Such a sofa is comfortable and cheap, yet very durable.
The aesthetics question
And now we moved to the most significant matter. The sofa is one of the most crucial elements in the interior of the room because the guests see it as soon as they enter the room. That is why it is so important to choose the right color for it. Let’s try to figure it out. The selection of a specific color of the sofa depends on the principle of compatibility of furnishings the owner of the room adheres to. These principles are also called color plans, they take into account the compatibility of the shade of furniture and the color of the walls, ceiling, floor.
- Monochrome: The furniture is bought in the same tone as the walls but in a different shade. Classic options include beige walls and a brown sofa, or gray walls and a dark gray sofa.
- Neutral: Artists name several neutral colors: black, white, gray, beige, gray-beige, brown. They are unique in that they match most other color shades. This plan assumes that the walls, floor, and sofa are decorated in different neutral colors.
- Colored background + neutral furniture: The sofa is bought in a neutral shade, while the interior is decorated in any color.
- Neutral background + colored furniture: This option is suitable if you want to focus on furniture. For example, you can buy a red sofa in a gray and white room, making the room less boring.
- Color combination: In this regard, a colored sofa is placed in a colored room. The solution may be interesting, but it is important that all elements are combined with each other and are in the same range of colors. For example, for a light pastel room, the same pastel sofa is taken (it can be two or three tones brighter).
Alternative medicine includes such a method of influencing the human brain as color therapy. This teaching says that color can affect the emotional state and even the health of a person. Part of the theory was proved by scientists. so when deciding which color of the sofa to choose in the living room, the following points should be considered:
- yellow clears away negativity, helps to show creativity;
- green helps to achieve inner harmony;
- purple awakens wisdom;
lilac helps to show sensuality;
- red activates a person, gives self-confidence;
- blue gives patience, calms, pacifies;
- white helps to stock up on energy and cheers up;
- pink evokes romantic feelings;
- orange gives energy, strengthens the psyche;
- blue helps develop intuition, soothes.
When choosing a sofa, you need to pay attention not only to the design of the walls and floor but also to the size of the room. Designers say: the smaller the room, the brighter the environment should be. In addition to color in a small room, you can use some more techniques to expand the space: buy furniture with legs that will “float” above the floor; put the sofa not close to the wall, but in the center (at the same time zoning the room); if the sofa is large, the rest of the furniture should be small.