With summer just around the corner, you are already anxious about messy hair and dull skin and how to avoid those sunspots. Well, it is true that those long summer days can indeed be a drag when it comes to beauty and skincare. Whether it’s about keeping your skin from getting sunburned or protecting your hair, it is indeed a constant challenge to have that natural skin glow intact during summers.
Thankfully, the leading estheticians and dermatologists are willing to share their best skincare tips and how you can follow some good old home-based remedies to make your complexion look brighter and softer this summer.
Just check out some of the best skin care tips and easy beauty hacks that can really make a difference to your face and skin and without denting your budget.
Skincare routine during summer for that natural glow:
- Drink lots of water and wear sunscreen– This one needs no brainer, but lots of people often forget to prioritize wearing sunscreen during summers and, as a result, often end up dealing with dull and darker skin. Plus, you need to drink lots of water to keep the skin well hydrated, and it is a good idea to drink homemade detox water with some Citrus fruits. So, make it a rule to drink lots of water and always wear sunscreen before stepping out.
- Exfoliate, cleanse and tone – Do not be complacent with your daily routine, and never forget to exfoliate, cleanse and tone the skin. Exfoliating will help remove any dead skin cells on the facial skin and bring out that glow. Cleanse the skin properly with a good quality cleanser to remove any grime and dirt from the face. Finally, use a toner from a good brand to maintain healthy skin during the hot summer months. For good skin care products and ingredients for packs, check out the top 10 brands before making an informed and educated purchase decision.
- Massage your face gently but regularly- Use your fingers to massage your face and press gently on the facial bone and pay special care and attention to the undereye area. Just keep repeating those movements on your face, your forehead, under your eyes, and not to forget the neck area. You can use a good quality facial oil or cream for the facial massage that will stimulate circulation and minimize fine lines.
- Moisturize the skin- This is essential for those who have dry skin, and one needs to moisturize their skin even more during summers. There are plenty of good quality skin moisturizers available in the market that are protective and non-greasy. Even if you think you have oily skin, you still need to moisturize your skin daily.
- Be light and natural with makeup- do not hide your natural skin under those heavy layers of makeup and let your skin breathe. So, opt for that natural dewy look that is effortless and will keep everyone guessing. With just a light spray facial mist and very light bronzers and highlighters, you can sure achieve a healthy sun-kissed glow.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle– Just massaging and oiling the skin from the outside is not enough as your skin needs nourishment from the inside too. Thus, it is essential to eat healthily and follow a regular exercise regimen to get that natural skin’s glow. So, eat a well-balanced diet and exercise regularly to give the essential oxygen and nutrients that the body needs. Your efforts are sure to show in your healthy skin with a natural glow!
Keep these simple DIY beauty hacks in mind for glowing skin.