Papaya is a yummy fruit abundantly found in tropical countries. But no matter in which part of the world you are eating papaya we all throw away the seeds while cutting it into pieces. The reason is people including all of us consider the seeds non-edible that is why they are destined to trash. But the researchers have shown amazingly good papaya seeds benefits that we are going to discuss. After reading the benefits you are surely going to save the seeds and consume them to enjoy several health benefits.
Benefits of Papaya Seeds
Papaya fruit is rich in a lot of nutrients and substances that let them perform some incredible functional roles in the maintenance of your health. Having phenolic and flavonoid compounds the seeds serve great as anti-oxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiviral to cure the stomach kidney and liver ailments. So do include them in your daily diet and start living a more happy and healthy life.
1) Liver Health
If you are sufferning from liver diseases then the papaya seeds can prove to be really healing for you. Especially for the liver cirrhoses the seeds have been found to play an effective role. Taking about 5 to 6 seeds and grinding them to powder you can take it with your meals and foods like lemon juice for immense benefits. The Japanese and the Chinese people are using the seeds for a long time to get rid of any liver damage. And you can detoxify your liver eating a tablespoon of seeds at regular basis.
2) Detoxification of Kidneys
Kidney poisoning can lead to the inflammation so the toxins need to be flushed out of the kidneys. And the University of the Karachi has researched out the amazing results of the papaya seeds working on the detoxification of the kidneys and making then healthy and protect.
3) Digestive Health
Solve your digestive issues with the papaya seeds easily at home. The anti bectari3al and anti inflammatory properties of the papaya seeds make them really effective for the clearing of intestinal tract removing micro organisms. With parasite worms in the kids can be killed with these wonderful seeds and it has been proved. A study shows that in Nigeria, kids were given papaya juice for 7 days and 75% of the times the result were positive, kicking out the hosting parasites out of the body.
The fatal disease like cancer can be prevented with the papaya seeds. The seeds are powerful enough to kill the cancer the tumor cells. The icothiocyanate in the seeds can fight against the cancer of colons, breast and prostate.
5) Natural Contraceptive
In Indian culture the papaya seeds have been found to be wonderfully useful in the form of birth control. Both men and women can use the seeds to prohibit their fertility for a temporary period and it would come back naturally as soon as you stop eating papaya seeds.
How to Eat Papaya?
You can chew on a raw papaya seed when a fresh papaya is cut. As it is crunchy and peppery in taste so it can surprise your taste buds in the beginning. To make them taste better you can mix them with honey, smoothies or use as a refreshing dressing on the salads.
- Choose a small papaya as it is mild in taste while the bigger ones are really bitter to taste.
- In the beginning just take about 4 to 5 seeds as you cannot get your buds in trouble.
- After a week when your taste buds have almost accustomed to the taste you can go for a teaspoon of the seeds.
- It’s better to take the seeds either raw, grind or crushed with the meals than on empty stomach.
- It would be better to crush or grind the seeds before eating or taking with meals for better digestion.
- Use a pestle and mortal for their crushing instead of blenders and to get the most out of the papaya seeds.
How to Store Papaya Seeds?
- First of all get the seeds scraped out of the papaya and remove all the flush from it.
- Put them in a container and let them rest in the fridge or freezer. If you are about to eat them in week then they can be refrigerated. And if you are intending to take them at weekly intervals use a sealed container and keep in the freezer.
- Also keep in mind that after coming out of the freezer they need to be defrosted or soaked in the hot water before use. Freezing the seeds can be extended to many months.
- As an alternative option you can dry the seeds using a colander, rinsing water through them. Then let them rest lying flat near your window sill in the sun light for a few days. To turn the drying days into hours you can use the dehydrators but with a caution.
Papaya seeds are damn rich in providing multiple health benefits but still we warn you to use them in moderation. Excess consumption can lead your health towards many side effects so control your daily intake. Pregnant ladies and breast feeding ladies should not use the papaya seeds and also the men should instantly stop taking them if they are planning to have kids.