What are Moles?
Our body has cells called melanocytes which make the pigment melanin that gives our skin its natural color. And sometimes these cells grow in a cluster on the skin and we call them moles. Moles occur on the skin of almost every person with the average range of 10 to 40 on all over the body. They can be dark brown, black or skin color and can darken with aging, in pregnancy or due to the immense exposure to the sun. Majority of the moles are flat on skin while some are raised and can be coarse to touch. Apart from the pigmentation there is genetic reason behind the creation of the moles from parents to the kids.
Why Moles need to Be Removed?
Normally the moles are not harmful at all and many people like them for having on certain parts of their body. Like a mole above or below a girl’s lip is considered the symbol of beauty. But sometimes the darker color, big size and occurring of moles on face make us look unattractive and we do not feel good about them. So beauty conscious people want to get rid of the moles to look more charming and confident. In very rare cases the moles turn out to be cancerous when they start changing their shape, size and color. You should instantly consult your dermatologist if you notice these uncommon changes in your moles and take them out before their cancer harm your skin further from itching, tender pain and bleeding.
Home Remedies to Remove Moles Naturally At Home:
Before heading towards the dermatologist and removing your moles with costly procedures you should opt for some safe home remedies. Here we have shared some really effective tips and tricks to get rid of benign moles of your own using the home supplies with mostly coming from your kitchen. So if you want to remove a mole from any area of your face or body you must give these home remedies a try.
1) Baking Soda and Castor Oil
The combination of baking soda and castor oil is highly recommended for the removal of the moles for various reasons. Firstly this remedy is highly effective though a bit slow. Secondly this mixture would not leave the scars of the moles once it falls down. And most importantly the castor oil comes with the discutient properties to stop the growth of the moles.
How to Apply:
- Take a table spoon of the baking soda and four to five drops of castor oil. Mix the ingredients well and make a thick paste.
- Apply it on the mole before you go to bed and cover it with a guaze or medical tape to work all night.
- Remove it and wash you face with fresh water when you wake up in the morning.
It can take a month a more to let you get rid of the mole.
2) Apple Cedar Vinegar
The apple cedar vinegar has been found to be very effective for the removal of moles with three steps. The acetic acid in the vinegar causes the moles to burn, scab and fall off.
How to Apply:
- Dip cotton ball vinegar and place it on the mole.
- Cover it with a bandage, gauze or medical tape.
- Leave it over night to work and repeat the method for almost 10 days.
- As an alternative method you can first scrape the mole with a emery board and then apply the vinegar. Leave it until it turns white and this method can be tried several times a day until you get the result.
Warning: Before using the vinegar make sure it not allergic to your skin and you can do a test for the purpose. Apply some vinegar on a small area of your skin. It would sting and then calm but if the irritation continues for longer you should not use it. And if you are not allergic to vinegar you should first apply a layer of petroleum jelly around the mole area before the vinegar for the sake of protection.
Garlic can be the easiest way to make your moles disappear as it has the ability to breakdown the cluster of moles producing cells. Just take a fresh clove of the garlic and give it a cut. Place this clove on your mole area with the cut facing the mole and cover it with tape to work over night. Repeating this trick for a couple of weeks would let you meet the desired results.
Warning: Garlic can cause rashes and irritation to the skin you before applying it coat the area with petroleum jelly.
4) Flaxseed oil
If your moles are raised, big and a bit hard to remove then you should try out the flaxseed remedy. The seeds would create flexibility in the mole making it loose around the edges and thus making them leave the skin easily and fast.
How to Apply:
- Use some ground flex seeds with honey to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your mole and let it work for an hour.
- Wash it off after an hour and use this remedy two to three times a day.
Honey being anti-bacterial would save your skin from any infection of aftermath scars.
To get fastest results you can grab some iodine tincture for the diminishing of your awkward mole. Go on a drug store and ask for the 5% iodine tincture and apply it to remove your unwanted moles. It would kill the pigment producing cells and shatter the cluster and finally making it vanish.
How to Apply:
- Clean the area with warm arm and let it dry
- Apply a layer of petroleum jelly to prohibit the further pigmentation.
- Use one drop of the iodine directly on the mole. If the mole is flat you can scrape it up with an emery board before the application of iodine.
- Cover the area with a tape or gauze if you are applying it before going to bed.
- Using the remedy day time does not need to be cover up you can leave it to dry naturally.
- Use this method for a week or two.
6) Aloe Vera
Whenever we talk about the natural beauty tips aloe vera gel is always in the list with amazing skin benefits. And we have discovered its one more wonderful achievement and that is its effective use for the removal of the moles. Anti-acidic, anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties of the aloe vera make it the best treatment. It would not only kick out the mole but also avoid any infection treating without any irritation, pain or redness or rashes.
How to Apply
- Take an aloe vera leaf and cut into halves to get the gel.
- Apply the gel directly on your mole and cover it with a cotton and tape.
- Leave it for three to four hours and then wash it off.
- Repeat this remedy for three times a day and it can take a month or more to give out the results.
7) Banana Peel
We eat bananas and throw their peels in the basket without thinking about their treatment value for our skin. And some of the studies have shown that banana peels prove to be really effective for the removal of the ugly moles from your skin. Just take a banana peel, cut it into a small piece and hold it on the mole with the yellow skin of the feel facing outward. You can hold the peel with the tape if you think your hand can not hold it for an hour. Repeating this method for a couple of weeks would let you get rid of your mole so naturally and easily.
Frankincense essential oil is famous for being widely used in the aromatherapy. It helps to reduce the blemishes, acne scars and pimples for being highly anti-inflammatory. And studies have shown its effectiveness to reduce the appearance of the moles too. It’s astringent and anti bacterial properties further adds to its beneficial use on moles.
How to Apply
To remove one or two particular moles you can use the frankincense oil with the olive oil.
- Mix eight table spoons of olive oil and one table spoon of the frankincense oil.
- Apply the mixture on the moles using a Q-trip and let it get absorbed in the skin fully.
If you want to remove a lot of moles on your body parts then you can make take a bath with frankincense oil.
Here is the further ingredients and method.
- 3 drops of Frankincense oil
- 6 drops of lavender oil
- One cup of sea salt
- One of baking soda
Add all the items in your warm bath and dip your body in it for almost 15 50 20 minutes. You can take this bath daily until you get the desired results.
Warning: Inhibit the use of Frankincense oil if your skin behave sensitive towards it application.
9) Grapefruit seed Extract
Grapefruit is rich in the minerals, vitamins, flavonoids and the citric acid and thus it can make a great remedy to let the moles get lost.
How to Apply
- Use one drop of grapefruit seed extract on your mole.
- Cover it with gauze, tape or bandage for three to four hours.
- Use this remedy for three times a day and continue it for a month.
- Mix the part of grapefruit extract oil and 10 parts of avocado oil in the bowl.
- Apply the mixture on the mole and let it work for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Try this trick for weeks until you get satisfactory results.
10) Onion Juice
You can take the advantages of the acidic properties of the onion juice to get rid yourself from the moles.
How to Apply:
- Take out some juice of the fresh onions.
- Apply this juice on the affected area with the help of a cotton swab.
- Leave it for half an hour and then wash it off.
Alternative and more Effective Method
- Take equal parts of the onion juice and apple cedar vinegar.
- Apply this mixture on the mole and leave it to work for half an hour.
- Wash it off and try this technique repeatedly until your moles go away.
More Home Remedies:
- Side Effects of the Green Tea – Who Must Avoid It
- Papaya Seeds Benefits, Storage Methods, Ways of Eating
- Side Effects of Lemon Juice – Can you have too much lemon juice?
- How to Regrow Hair ? Best & Natural Ways to Regrow Hair – Before & After